Logistics communication is a critical component of supply chain success. Deficits here can cause major problems and huge losses down the road. In this article, we look at 5 ways to improve communication with your customers.
5 ways to improve communication with customers
- Ask them how you can help them become successful regularly. Often times asking your customer how you can be of service to them drops off after the initial contract is won. Keep their success at the top of your mind and remind your customers you’re here to make them successful regularly.
- Don't be afraid to ask them for help. You are not expected to know everything, and when you don’t it is important to ask for guidance. Sometimes the customer will be impressed by your curiosity in their operations.
- Always keep them informed of any changes in your operations. Things are rapidly changing in the logistics world and having your partners be in the know is vital to success. If you hire new employees, it would be good to inform them as they might think of it as a positive sign that you’re growing as an organization.
- Be mindful of your commitments and timelines. It’s very easy to reschedule a meeting or delay a report that you promised to your customer. It is often better to under promise and over deliver. Give yourself ample time when setting deadlines for yourself with customer.
- Have a plan of action for issues that arise. Show your customers that you’re not only promising to address their issues but you took the time to put a plan together. A simple presentation or outline of how you plan to address their issues will make the customer feel valued and cared for.
All of these things might seem like common sense, and almost second nature in everyday business practices but we all needed to be reminded of it often. In the ever changing world of supply chain it is easy to let basic communication with your partners slip. Stay transparent and keep a strong line of communication with your partners.