Chemical Warehousing 101 – New Primer Available
The rules of warehouse storage for many product types are quite similar. But when it comes to chemical warehousing, a whole new rule book applies.
It can get very, very complicated, which is why it helps to work with a chemical industry 3PL – one that understands the ins and outs of storage and distribution of hazardous chemicals.
For people who have responsibility for chemical distribution, but need only a high-level understanding of storage and handling requirements, we put together a primer on the chemical warehousing function. Download Chemical Warehousing 101.
The primer will help you understand what is needed to comply with the many regulations that exist to ensure safe storage and distribution of hazmat products.
The questions we address in this quick-read primer on chemical warehousing include:
- What classifies as a hazardous material?
- What are SDS sheets?
- What is the specific classification of the chemicals for which I am responsible?
- Can any warehouse store my hazardous product?
- What requirements pertain to specific classes of chemicals?
- What is CFATS and why should I care?
- How can I assess the capabilities of a chemical warehousing partner?
Download our free whitepaper: