Chemical Warehousing 101
Whether you’ve been in the game for years or have just jumped in, you know when it comes to chemical warehousing, a whole new rule book applies.
And it’s not just one set of rules. When it comes to warehousing and distribution, different classes of hazardous chemicals have different requirements across multiple regulatory agencies, federal and state.
It can get very, very complicated, which is why it helps to work with a chemical industry 3PL – one that understands the ins and outs of storage and distribution of hazardous chemicals.
For people who have responsibility for chemical distribution, but need only a high-level understanding of storage and handling requirements, we put together a primer on the chemical warehousing function. Download Chemical Warehousing 101.
The primer will help you understand what is needed to comply with the many regulations that exist to ensure safe storage and distribution of hazmat products.
The questions we address in this quick-read primer on chemical warehousing include:
- What classifies as a hazardous material?
- What are SDS sheets?
- What is the specific classification of the chemicals for which I am responsible?
- Can any warehouse store my hazardous product?
- What requirements pertain to specific classes of chemicals?
- What is CFATS and why should I care?
- How can I assess the capabilities of a chemical warehousing partner?